Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Taco Pie


My mom got another Gooseberry Patch cookbook and I got a few recipes out of it to make. This is one of them. It was so very good and will definitely stay in the rotation! Forgot to take a picture but I'll get one the next time!

1 can crescent rolls
1 pound ground beef
(called for onion but we don't eat)
1 can tomato sauce (I didn't have so I used one can tomato paste and one can water)
1 package taco seasoning
3 tbl sour cream
1 cup shredded cheese
2/3 cups Doritos--crushed and seperated

Heat oven to 350.

Seperate crescent rolls and place in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate to cover the bottom and up the sides. place 1/3 cup of the Doritos over the crescent rolls.

Brown ground beef, if necessary drain, add tomato sauce and taco seasoning, bring to a simmer over low heat, let simmer 5 mins. Pour in to pan over Doritos. Spread sour cream over meat. Top with cheese and then rest of Doritos.

Bake for 20-25 minutes. (I had browned my meat and added the tomato sauce the night before. Really needed about 5 extra minutes in oven since it was cold!)

No comments: