Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Crockpot Lasagna

So my fellow May Nestie posted this on her blog and I just knew I needed to make it. I am so happy I did, it will stay in the rotation, for sure!

Uncooked traditional lasagna noodles
4 cooked chicken breast halves, cut up (mine were frozen, I dethawed them so I could cut them and then tossed, they were cooked through all the way)
Jar of prepared pasta sauce
1 c. buffalo wing sauce (I used Franks Buffalo sauce)
3 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers (didn't use, DH doesn't like them)
15 oz tub ricotta cheese
2 c. shredded cheese (I left this off)
1/2 c. bleu cheese crumbles (I didn't use since they say bleu cheese is bad if you are pregnant)
1/4 c. of water (Used but I don't think it needed it, I will leave off next time)

Spray a 5 qt crockpot thoroughly or use a crockpot liner. (it’s important to have your crockpot at least 1/2 full.)

Combine the cut-up chicken, pasta sauce, and wing sauce in a large bowl. Ladle a big spoonful of the sauce into the bottom of your crockpot. Cover with a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles, breaking to fit the shape of the crockpot as needed.

Add a smear of ricotta cheese to the top of the noodles (I just dropped it in) Add a layer of chopped bell pepper, followed by a handful of shredded cheese.(left out)

Repeat layers until you run out of ingredients.

Add the bleu cheese crumbles, if desired. Put the 1/4 cup of water into your empty pasta sauce jar and shake. Pour the liquid over the top of the entire lasagna.

Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for 4-5. When cooking time is complete, unplug and take off the lid of the crock. Let it sit for 20 minutes before cutting into

***Picture to come***

1 comment:

maybe said...

I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^