Thursday, November 1, 2007

Cheddar-Potato-Steak soup

I always love meals my husband goes back and gets seconds of, always makes me know he likes it! This was one of those meals. I have admited on here I am not a soup fan, however even I liked this one! The original was from Gooseberry Patch once again, but I made some alterations.

1 30 oz bag of frozen hashbrowns
2 cans chicken broth
1 cup water
***we didn't use but it calls for celery and onion at this point****

Mix above ingredients together and place on low for 6-8 hours.

8 oz bag shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup milk
3 Tbl flour

Mix flour into milk. Then add cheese and milk mixture to crockpot and stir. Place on high for 20 mins, until cheese is melted.

I then added another 3/4 can of chicken broth because it was to thick for my liking. I added about 1 1/2 lbs of cooked steak cut into bite size pieces & I added one small bag of frozen corn (which was quite tasty in it). And put it on low until it was time to eat dinner.

Top with bacon bits and chopped green onions.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I made this tonight, it was AWESOME!