Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Bread Machine Sweet White Bread

I really wanted to make a bread my mom always used to make. I got home and was really excited when I found her recipe in the bread machine, so I got started. I didn't really read the recipe. I put the yeast and water in and started to add the rest of the ingredients, when I got to powdered milk and sweet butter, I stopped, what are these? So a fast call to my mom to find out sweet butter is just salted butter and that the powder milk is just that, but I don't have any, so I went ahead and used what I had-Creamer-it was even vanilla flavor, well it's supposed to be a sweet bread so I didn't think it'd matter, and it didn't. The bread finally got done and I couldn't get it out quick enough. It was so good. I'm glad I finally pulled my mom's ole' bread machine out!

1 1/2 tsp dry yeast
1 3/4 c bread flour
3/4 tsp salt
3 Tbl sugar
1 Tbl dry milk
1 Tbl sweet butter (salted butter)
1 med egg
1/2 cup plus 1 tsp warm water

Put the yeast in the bowl with the warm water, put in rest of ingredients on top. Put on the light setting.

No comments: