Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hot Crash Potatoes


This recipe originated on Pioneer Woman's Blog and has been flying around the board I frequent. Here is my take on it!

Preheat oven to 425:

1 stock pot of boiling salted water
As many potatoes as you'd like (I've done new and regular potatoes cut in 1/2)
As soon as water boils, throw the potaotes in and boil until they are fork tender, it took about 25 mins.
In the meantime spray Olive Oil all over a pan. Once potatoes are done place them on pan. Smash potatoes with a potatoe masher if you have one, I do not so I use the bottom of a glass. Coat potatoes in plenty of Olive Oil. Cover in Salt. I have done both Kosher and Regular Salt and preferred the regular, but that is just me. Place in pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until they are browned.

These are delicious in fact I had to have Kevin take the pan away from me last night! They will be a staple in our kitchen!!!

No comments: