Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mother's Day Brunch

I had my mom, sisters and hubby for Mother's Day brunch this year. I made Egg's Benedict in puff pastry that I found in a Taste of Home magazine my mother-in-law had and let me have.

Hashbrown Casserole that is a play on the one from Cracker Barrel that I've been making for years and can't remember where it came from.

A spinach salad with a yummy hot bacon dressing I found on Cooks.com.
HOT BACON DRESSING

4 strips bacon
2 tbsp. vinegar
2 tbsp. water
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. bacon fat
1 egg
1 qt. box young dandelion stems or 1 head of endive or 4 cups fresh spinach.

Cut bacon in 1 inch pieces and brown, remove from pan and drain. To bacon fat add vinegar, water and sugar and heat to boiling. Beat egg in bowl and stir into hot mixture slowly. Clean dandelions or endive and put in individual serving dishes. Divide crisp bacon among servings, pour hot dressing over and serve at once. Serves 4.



I then made some Snickerdoodles for everyone to take home out of my Betty Crocker Bridal book (it's already on my blog). And made the cutest little bee's and daisy flowers that were in a Sandra Lee' magazine my mom got me! I served it all with new Lemonade Mimosas I got out of the same Sandra Lee magazine. I am uploading pictures and will upload recipes as I can!

Well I just realized I have no pictures of the food because my sister had her camera out so I'll have to have her send them to me so I can download them.

No comments: