Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies Take 2


I was on a wonderful new blog I found today called Cookie Madness and while I was browsing all of the wonderful cookies that are on there I came across this one. So the good people at Reese's changed the cookie on the back of the bag some years back and this is actually the one I made with my grandma all the time growing up! I am so happy to have it back in my recipe box, and this time I'm not gonna lose it!



Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups unsifted all purpose flour
2/3 cup Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups (1 bag) Reese’s Peanut Butter Flavored Chips
(optional add-in) 1 cup of Reese’s Premier Baking Bits (I had some bags with only a handful or less in them of chocolate chunks and chips so I threw them in with my p.b. chips!)

Cream butter or margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in peanut butter chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet, or chill until firm enough to handle and shape small amounts of dough into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees f for 8-10 minutes.

Optional Step — Quickly press a few peanut butter cups into each cookie while hot.

Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet onto wire rack. About 5 dozen.

No comments: