Monday, May 3, 2010

And an A+ from me


I love tomatoes and I am so glad summer is here! I have planted some in my yard, but stumbled across this recipe tonight on Hyvee.com. Man am I happy I did. I had these for my side while hubby had green beans.

Ingredients
1 firm medium tomatoes
2 tbsp mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp chopped fresh or 1/4 tsp dried basil leaves (so excited that I got to use fresh)
1 tsp Dijon mustard (did not use)
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese124931

Preparation1. Heat oven to 350°.

2. Core tomatoes. Cut crosswise into 3/4-inch slices. Place in single layer on rack in broiler pan. (I just place these on a baking sheet)

3. Mix mayonnaise, 1 tbsp cheese, the basil and mustard. Spread about 1 teaspoon mixture over each tomato slice. Sprinkle 1 tbsp cheese over tomatoes. Bake about 8 minutes or until hot.

4. Set oven control to Broil. Broil tomatoes with tops 6 inches from heat 2 to 4 minutes or until topping is golden and bubbly.

No comments: