Thursday, September 3, 2009

Great Pumpkin Cookies


The weather is cooling off and I'm ready for fall and all things pumpkin! I was at my in-laws house over the weekend and was looking at a cookbook my mother-in-law had and came across this recipe. The Great Pumpkin Cookies, the cookbook is one that came from a church in Castle Rock, Colo. from Christ's Episcopal Church. It is a sample cookbook she received when she was working on a cookbook for Relay for Life. These are so good, just be careful to watch the cooking time. I thought mine weren't huge and they were taking more like 21 mins. different from the 15-18 in the original recipe! These are so good and definitely took care of my fall baking for today...come back later for more!

Ingredients
2 cups of flour
1 cup of oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup margarine, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 jumbo egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pumpkin
1 cup chocolate chips (I used milk choco.)***I used an entire bag***

Directions
Combine dry ingredients in large bowl, then add the remaining ingredients. Stir in your chocolate chips.
I use parchment paper on my cookie sheets.
Drop by spoonfuls, about a Tbl. is what I used.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

No comments: