Thursday, September 24, 2009

Spicy Orange Chicken Drumsticks and green beans


I picked up the new Real Simple for the wonderful recipes in it this month. This was one of them and it didn't fail to meet my expectations! It was so simple and oh so yummy. I didn't make the green beans because my local store didn't have any, which yes upset me! So I fixed hubby canned green beans and I had a salad. I doubled the sauce as I made like 12 drumsticks and it was the perfect amount!

1/4 cup orange marmalade
1/2 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (found in the Asian section of the supermarket)
8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 1/2 pounds)
kosher salt and black pepper
1 pound green beans
1 tablespoon butter
4 corn bread muffins, warmed (we used rolls)

Directions
Heat oven to 400º F. In a small bowl, mix the marmalade and chili-garlic sauce.
Season the chicken with 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. Roast on a foil-lined baking sheet until cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes, brushing with the marmalade mixture during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the green beans until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain and toss with the butter and 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the chicken and muffins.

No comments: