Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sorry!

Sorry it's been like a week since my last posts! My 30th birthday was on Saturday. I knew there was a surprise in the works, I even knew who all was involved, but I never knew my best friend of 25 years would (with the help of my momma) fly me to Chicago. There we met up with my sister (which was also a surprise) who had drove the 3ish hours from here home to see me!
We went to Angel Food Bakery for lunch and an awesome birthday cake! We went to our hotel, Swissotel, I would recommend to anyone wanting to stay around Michigan Ave! From there we did some awesome shopping! Then went to the Signature Room Lounge in the Hancock Tower on the 96th floor! We then went back to the hotel as I was feeling a little drunk, too much champagne, and a fabulous Coconut Mojito!

Sunday we got up and went to Argo Tea and had some wonderful quiche and tea. Then we did a little shopping before we had to leave and come back to Kansas City. We were so exhausted (the hubby had gone to his home town and stayed out later than usual with his best friend) we fell asleep before 8:30! Then I thought I was coming down with something and to say the least it has taken me til Thurs to recover!!!

I would not have changed anything though! My best friend is so wonderful to get this all together, my sister was great to come up and drive us around, and my mom is fabulous, although she was unable to come with us she did pay for some of the trip! To say the least the females who I have surrounded myself with are some of the best! I love all of you!

No comments: