Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Homemade Meatballs

I had a couple of recipes marked in my "to make" pile for meatballs and after spraining my ankle I was looking for something relative easy I could throw together. So I finally made homemade meatballs. It was a combo or recipes and what I had on hand. They turned out wonderful! I had a package of the "pasta sides" stroganoff pasta and made that to go along with them and some green beans.

1/2 # ground beef (I use the most lean I can find)
1/2 # ground turkey
about 2/3 of a sleeve of Ritz crackers
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp salt
2 tbl parsley
about 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I used a 2% Mexican blend I had on hand)

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix all ingredients together using hands then take about 2 Tbl and roll into balls (I got 16 balls), place on a sprayed cookie sheet and bake on 350 for about 20 mins until it reaches 160 degrees.

No comments: