Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Alton Brown's Peanut Butter Fudge


I was trying to find a recipe for peanut butter fudge and my search took me to foodnetwork.com. I came across this recipe by Alton Brown, that you used the microwave for and it had REALLY good reviews. So I thought why not try it. Man am I glad I did!

Ingredients
1 cup butter, plus more for greasing pan (I used foil to line my 8X8 pan and left handles on it to lift out of pan)
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pound powdered sugar

Directions
Microwave butter and peanut butter for 2 minutes on high. Stir and microwave on high for 2 more minutes. Add vanilla and powdered sugar to peanut butter mixture and stir to combine with a wooden spoon. Pour into a buttered 8 by 8-inch pan lined with waxed paper. Place a second piece of waxed paper on the surface of the fudge and refrigerate until cool. Cut into 1-inch pieces and store in an airtight container for up to a week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a neat recipe! I've never heard of peanut butter fudge, it sounds divine :D. Thanks for sharing!

Dazy said...

This fudge is awfully mouth-watering! And would keep me busy in the kitchen, again. I think this would be just perfect for my kids who are crazy for it!