Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Peanut Butter Pie for my hubby


So my hubby loves peanut butter pie, really he loves anything peanut butter! His mom makes him a pie but I'm not a big fan of it (sorry Nancy) I'm just not a merrague person (see I can't even spell it, ya know that white foamy stuff you get from beating eggs) I just can't handle the texture of it. So I went on-line to find a recipe and came across this one from Emeril (click here for the original recipe) and the Food Network!

I did make quite a few changes to make this alot faster! Love that it is a no-bake yummy dessert!

2 cups graham cracker crumbs---I used a premade chocolate graham cracker crust
6 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
6 cups sweetened heavy cream, whipped until thick, in all---I used whip cream straight out of the tub

Mix the peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar and milk together, stir in the peanuts, fold in the whip cream. Pour into premade crust.

Yep that's it! You could definitely add a chocolate ganache, which I thought about but my hubby said it was fine as is! This was very good and I will make again!

No comments: