Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Microwave Chocolate Fudge

I was on Beantown Baker's blog looking at her wonderful 12 Days of Christmas Cookies and came across her recipe for fudge. Since I had just made the wonderful peanut butter fudge in the microwave I thought I'd give it another try. It's another great recipe that I'm so glad I came across!

From Beantown Baker Adventures in a Boston Kitchen
Fudge - from Allrecipes.com - makes about 36 pieces
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips - I used 2 cups milk chocolate and 1 cup semisweet
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Place chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter or margarine in large microwaveable bowl. Zap in microwave on medium until chips are melted, about 3-5 minute, stirring once or twice during cooking. Stir in nuts, if desired.

Pour into well-greased 8x8-inch glass baking dish. Refrigerate until set.

4 comments:

beantown baker said...

Isn't this the easiest fudge ever? Love it!

Genevieve said...

I believe I also have made that fudge before, it was gone in two days! You have a great blog here!

Anonymous said...

Micro fudge is the BEST! I give it away for the holidays in festive tins that I get from the Dollar Store ... everyone thinks I am terrific .... lol!

Denise
http://WineFoodPairing.blogspot.com

Hallie Fae said...

Wow, easiest fudge ever. I'd be concerned about it setting up correctly...but it seems to have worked. I'm trying this next time I make fudge.