Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pierside Salmon Patties with Dill Sauce


This recipe is from my new Taste of Home cookbook my awesome hubby got me for Christmas. These were the best Salmon Patties I have ever made, and the sauce made them even better!

Salmon Patties
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
2 tbl lemon juice
3 cups coarsely crushed saltines (I didn't have any so I used whole wheat Ritz)
2 tsp finely chopped onion (I used dried onions)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cans (14 3/4 oz each) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed

In a large bowl beat the eggs, milk, lemon juice, crackers, onion, salt and pepper. Add salmon and mix well. Shape into twelve 3-in patties. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.

I halved this recipe so we would only have 6 patties for our dinner and hubby lunch the next day. It worked out wonderfully and it took exactly 30 mins to get done!


Dill Sauce


2 Tbl butter
2 Tbl flour
1 tsp snipped fresh dill or 1/2 tsp dill weed (I used dill weed and it was fine)
1/4 tsp salt
dash pepper
dash nutmeg
1 1/2 cup milk

Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in the flour, dill, salt, pepper and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the salmon patties.

No comments: