Sunday, August 16, 2009

Scalloped Corn


This is from my new Gooseberry patch recipe book. It is called Comfort Foods and just in time for the fall/winter weather. There are several things I have already starred to make. Double Toffee Coffee Cake (perfect to take to Lamar next weekend), Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf, and a potatoe soup. So be on the lookout for several new posts from it! I knew I was going to make the pretzel dogs tonight and was looking for a side besides are usual rut of potatoe chips we've been in.

Scalloped Corn
1 can Whole Kernel Corn
1 can Cream Corn
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup bread crumbs (use regular not italian..trust me)
1/2 cup onion (due to our dislike I left out)
1/2 cup green peppers (if I had put in something green hubby wouldn't have eaten)
4 slices bacon--cooked to a crisp and crumbled
2 tbl butter

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix first 3 together, then stir in egg-peppers. Pour into a greased 1 1/2 cup casserole dish. Place bacon and butter on top.
Cook in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.

No comments: