Monday, August 10, 2009

Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken


Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken

This was a quick and easy dish to make while we were working on remodeling our house. I had everything on hand and it made for a wonderful dish!

4 chicken breasts cut in thirds (12 pieces)
Bacon slices
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder
chili powder
brown sugar

Cut each breast into 3 pieces, season all the chicken with the spices, then wrap a bacon slice around each piece, roll in brown sugar and place into an oven proof dish....make sure you have some olive oil in the dish too, like 2 or 3 tablespoons is fine.

Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is nice and brown and crispy.


Update 7/19/10
I made this again last night and made it with chicken tenders and used about 10 slices of bacon cut in 1/2. I also cooked them at 350 and it only took about 20 minutes (I used my meat thermometer) I have got to remember this recipe...so good!

No comments: